Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Journey Begins... Again...

Now nearly 2 months postpartum, I am beginning my Atkins journey... again.

Prior to my pregnancy, I had been on Atkins for a year and successfully lost over 100 pounds... Having now done all that I can do to eliminate the possibility most dreadful effect of the Atkins diet (pregnancy), I plan to complete what I started so long ago. Things are different, though... I now have four children (including my newborn), I just returned to my full-time job, and started my graduate studies 7 1/2 weeks ago. I'm an emotional eater and very short on time. Needless to say, I will be big on "convenience" foods...

I have an awesomely supportive family-- in all of my endeavors. Truly, my family motivates me beyond motivation... they are my biggest cheerleaders and my best friends... I count myself blessed.

I'll share my ups and downs, tips, and anything else along the way... oh ya... and those dreaded numbers-- those things that don't lie...

So, here's my gameplan:

Induction, induction, induction...

With the exception of a few walks in the park with  my family, I'll remain in my relatively sedentary lifestyle until the end of the month when my husband (also my Atkins partner) and I will get a membership to 24 hour fitness. Then, with Tonalin in-system (Vitamin Shoppe's conjugated linoleic acid-- CLA), I will start alternating days between the "bike to nowhere" at the gym and my at-home Pilates regimen. I lost almost all of my previous weight with next to no exercise at all, but I'm rather motivated to get this weight off of me in as short of order as possible, so watch out!

Last week I weighed in at 278 (ughhhh). I have splurged a bit since then to get all of my not-so-great cravings satisfied, so my weight may (or may not) be affected by that, but we shall soon see.


Goal: 120 lbs

Current measurements as of today (not any better than the weight... but DUH on that, right??):
Neck- 17"
Bust- 58"
Chest- 49"
Waist- 52"
Hips- 61"
Thighs- 32"
Knee (right above)- 22"
Calves- 16"
Upper arm- 18"
Forearms- 13"

So, those are the ugly facts. They hurt pretty badly, too. Before my first child, I was 34/24/34... now, well... ugh... It's going to be a long journey, but I'm going to do it... and if I can, then anyone can...

.... and it begins...

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy for you and I have all the faith in the world that you can do this. You are much braver than I as I would never post my weight/measurements in such a public place. I suppose it will help to keep you motivated though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... and you know what... they are what they are... big, fat, ugly numbers, but not as bad as they once have been... and they're getting ready to go down very quickly!

    ReplyDelete