Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day One in the Bag!

Today went very smoothly... and not just for me, but for my hubby, too! Yayyy! It's gonna be smooth rolling... I feel it in my bones (wherever they are way down there... LOL).

I didn't do a breakfast/ lunch/ dinner type thing, I just ate when I was hungry (not so much in the morning, much more so at night!).

To start my day, I made what  my children lovingly call a "mom"let. It's a gargantuan sized omelet. I fried some zero carb sausage patties and bacon... not only so that I could include those in my omelet, but also so I could cook my omelet in the grease... MMMmmmm... I LOVE cooking in bacon grease! My eggs were lightly seasoned (pepper and Italian seasoning)... I crumbled 3 bacon slices and two sausage patties, added 2 tablespoons of salsa, covered with 2 slices of provolone cheese, and viola!

Carbs:
4 eggs- .5 carb each= 2 carbs
bacon and sausage= 0 carbs
2 Tbsp salsa= 2 carbs
2 slices Provolone- .5 carb each= 1 carb
                      = 5 carbs

I actually like this better cold than fresh (weird, I know...) and it's a good thing, too because I ate about 1/3 of it, then set it to the side for later... I nibbled on it over the next few hours until it was gone... and thennnn....

I ate a slim jim (1 carb) and two slices of bacon (0 carbs).

Later in the day, I made a yummy sandwich that I halved with my husband.
2 slices of Sara Lee 45 Calories and Delightful (100% Whole Wheat with Honey)- 9 net carbs
Great Value Deli Sliced Mesquite Smoked Turkey- 3 slices rolled- 0 carbs
Great Value Deli Sliced Smoked Ham- 3 slices rolled- .5 carb
Provolone- 1 slice- .5 carb
Trace amounts of lettuce- .5 carb
Hellman's mayo- 0 carbs
                      =10.5 carbs (halved- my part= 5.25 carbs)

Later in the day, I had an Atkins Chocolate Peanut Butter bar (2 carbs), another Slim Jim (1 carb), 1/2 of an Italian Sausage (1.5 carbs) and a 1 oz. pkg of Planter's Peanuts (3 net carbs).

As usual, I've avoided water like the plague (but I do have bottled water that I'll likely tap into at a later, undetermined time... LOL). I've had two Powerade Zeros and some Diet Cherry Coke Zero to drink.

Omelet- 5 carbs
2 Slim Jims- 2 carbs
Atkins Bar- 2 carbs
1/2 Sandwich- 5.25 carbs
1/2 Italian Sausage- 1.5 carbs
Peanuts- 3 carbs

Total Carbs= 18.75 carbs

I do think that I am about done for the day... and if I do snack on anything, it'll likely be a few slices of bacon.

Tomorrow is game-day... Can you say, "zero-carb awesome chicken wings"!?!?!?!?

G'night!

2 comments:

  1. drink your water! you need to flush all the toxins from your system and water is the only thing that can do that--not diet drinks. Just remember, your liver and kidneys are carrying a lot of toxins that weigh a lot which is why drinking plenty of water will help you see a greater weight loss sooner.
    keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete