Monday, October 18, 2010

I've Got It!!!!!!!

The "will of steel" is FINALLY back... and I proved it today!

I have been helping trainees at work since I've been back, and this lady brought a huge plate full of baklava... my #2 favorite snack of all time... and I haven't had some in awhile... and partially because I'm not EVEN about to try making that!

So, I was pointing to things on her screen-- all the while being distracted by that delectable platter in front of my face... I was rather surprised that she had some because most don't even know what it is-- forget about bringing any to work!

...and she picked the plate up off of her desk and tried to hand it to me... and she offered me as much as I'd like... and I explained that I was on a diet and, with the weirdest combination of sorrow and joy, thanked her and walked away... Heck... I was so proud of myself that I patted my own self on the back... no, really... I did... =]

Anna blessed me by packing my 'snacks' for the day... so I had lots of sausage patties and bacon... I also had 2 slim jims and an Atkins Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar (and no... they don't get old... lol). When I got back home, I had a monster cold-cut sandwich and here I am, after another full day... low in carbs... facing temptation in the face and telling it where to go...

...and if I recall correctly, I believe that, as I walked away, I quoted Jesus... "Get thee behind me, Satan!" tehehehehehehehehe

Good day... good day... There'll always be baklava when I'm skinny...

1 comment:

  1. good on you!
    baklava...haven't had any in years and years. Are you drinking your water yet???

    ReplyDelete